Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderfully delicious peanut butter cake best with chocolate frosting, If you make with Reese's Peanut Butter and a milk chocolate frosting, it's very much like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. This recipe makes a smaller 8x8 cake. If you make a triple batch it is enough for one layer in a 12" cake pan with a dozen cupcakes. I also recommend that you use a creamy peanut butter simply because if there is some left over the nuts well get "soggy" in the cake.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8x8 inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan.
Moist and delicious, this is currently being devoured by my DS. I also snuck a little taste and can't wait for my piece later! I used a milk chocolate frosting, as recommended, and this little cake is really something! Easy enough to bake and share, I will tuck this away for a quick homemade cake, ready to serve pretty quickly. Cheers to this cake with a big glass of milk! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe, Vyrianna.