Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another discovered recipe from where I don't know. All I know is they are delish.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar (I used light brown sugar).
- in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Stir in rolled oats and flour.
- Spread into a 9x13 inch greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Sprinkle choc. chips (I use choc. chips and peanut butter chips) over top while still warm.
- Let chips melt then spread evenly.
- Combine confectioner's sugar, 2 to 3 tbs peanut butter and evaporated milk.
- Drizzle over brownies.
- Cut into bars.
A little too cookie-like to be brownies, but still good. Maybe add some more baking soda? Also, I recommend milk chocolate chips rather than semi-sweet.
These were tasty, but I just couldn't get the chocolate chips to melt immediately after the brownies came out of the oven. They were name-brand chips (Nestles), and even putting the pan back in oven while it was cooling down didn't help, so spreading wasn't easy! It was more like rolling chips around, if not off the brownies. No fault of this recipe, but discouraging nonetheless. If I do try this again, it will be with mini-morsels.
These are delicious brownies! I made them for a family picnic this weekend and I had none left to take home with me. Very easy and if you love peanut butter, you should try these. A definite keeper!