Recipe by Cntrygrl160
This is a recipe that has been in my family for awhile.
Top Review by baldwin bistro
great texture---reminiscent of that spice cake from the old elementary cafeteria 20+ yrs ago. Tried the honey pb glaze recommended and it did get gummy. However, I used a reduced -fat PB---definate keeper, plan to leave unfrosted next time, make as cupcakes and serve with homemade applebutter.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add them alternately with applesauce.
- Stir until smooth.
- Line a 8x8x2" pan with wax paper.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake about 40 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then turn cake out onto a cooling rack. Peel off wax paper.