Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This came from the Rachael Ray magazine. I really liked how easy this was and everything was already in my kitchen. It made a great dessert for me, because I can make them and keep them in the fridge. This is a great thing for the kids too. Use their favorite jelly or sub the creamy peanut butter for chunky if you like.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and 1/4 cup half-and-half.
- Slowly pour in the remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half while you continue beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold the cool whip into the peanut butter mixture.
- Scrape the jelly into a small bowl and stir it up to make it more spoonable.
- In parfait or juice glasses, layer 1 big spoonful jelly and 2 big spoonfuls peanut butter mousse, adding some fruit wherever you like.
- Keep going until you reach the tops of your glasses.
- Refrigerate the parfaits for a couple of hours or until they get cold and firm.