Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This ice cream does not use any heavy cream or eggs. Also, if you don't want the swirl of jam then leave it out and make a plain peanut butter ice cream or add in some chocolate chips or make a fudge swirl at the end of churning. I made it plain and was so surprised at how creamy it turned out. Can't wait to make it again!
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml peanut butter, smooth o r crunchy
- 473.18 ml coconut milk, regular or 473.18 ml low fat
- 283.49 g jam
- Heat water and sugar in a medium saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- Add peanut butter to the syrup and stir until peanut butter is completely melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in coconut milk. Chill for a couple hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Freeze in ice cream machine.
- Working fast since the ice cream is soft, layer half of the ice cream in a container. Then add the jam on top of the ice cream, spreading as best you can.
- Add the remaining ice cream as the final layer.
- Freeze 12-24 hours, or until ice cream is firm.