Recipe by Roxanne J.R.
This ice cream does not use any heavy cream or eggs. Also, if you don't want the swirl of jam then leave it out and make a plain peanut butter ice cream or add in some chocolate chips or make a fudge swirl at the end of churning. I made it plain and was so surprised at how creamy it turned out. Can't wait to make it again!
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml peanut butter, smooth o r crunchy
- 473.18 ml coconut milk, regular or 473.18 ml low fat
- 283.49 g jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water and sugar in a medium saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- Add peanut butter to the syrup and stir until peanut butter is completely melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in coconut milk. Chill for a couple hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Freeze in ice cream machine.
- Working fast since the ice cream is soft, layer half of the ice cream in a container. Then add the jam on top of the ice cream, spreading as best you can.
- Add the remaining ice cream as the final layer.
- Freeze 12-24 hours, or until ice cream is firm.