Recipe by Dorel
This recipe was in a box of loose recipes I'd cut out of magazines and newspapers. I'm posting it here so it won't get lost.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 21 peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening with sugar.
- Beat in peanut butter, honey, egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend into peanut butter mixture.
- Drop by teaspoon onto lightly greased baking sheet, flatten with floured fork.
- Top each with peanut halve if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes.
- I baked mine for 11 minutes.