Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very simple and delicious no cook pie. Fresh peaches are the best but canned peaches, drained would also be okay.
Top Review by stacylu
Great flavor! Easy to do but I found mine didn't set up as well as I thought it would. Next time I would add either less ice or even no ice at all and just let the ice cream cool the jello to see if that would help. Loved the lemon flavor with the peaches. I also didn't cut my peaches thin enough. All in all an excellent dessert with the added benefit of ice cream in the pie. Thanks!
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) packet lemon gelatin (JELLO)
- 1⁄2 cup ice cold water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 large peaches, peeled,sliced and divided
- 1 whole 9 inch pie shell, pre-baked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size saucepan, measure 1 cup of water and 3/4 cup of sugar and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon gelatin dessert powder and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of ice water and stir well.
- Cut ice cream into pieces and add to hot gelatin mixture and stir until melted.
- Add almond extract and mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 1/2 hour or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Reserve several peach slices for garnish.
- Fold in remaining peach slices to ice cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into pre-baked pie shell.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with reserved peach slices and serve.