Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really yummy sauce for ice cream, frozen yogurt, angel food cake, etc. I made some and froze it to pull out in the winter. I don't figure that the peaches will keep their shape very well after being frozen, but they will still taste great. Adapted from "500 Fat Free Recipes". Feel free to use just over 1/2 cup of brown sugar for the white sugar and molasses combination.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 fresh peaches
- Peel, pit, and slice the peaches.
- In a microwave safe dish with a lid, mix all the ingredients but the peaches.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until boiling.
- Add the peaches and let it sit.
- Serve cold.
This recipe was just wonderful. It was so easy to make. I used it for recipe 3794. Couldn't have tasted any better. Thanks for posting.