Recipe by Dib's
Great on cake and ice cream.
Top Review by Ceezie
To die for. I was going to post this on here but saw you already have so I figured I would tell everyone how great it is!! I canned several batches of peaches with this sauce and had some leftover. I haven't found a single thing it isn't delicious on ... ice cream, pancakes, crepes, pound cake ... you name it we have tried it on. This recipe will become a staple for my canning future!
- 6 cups peeled, pitted and chopped peaches
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 large grated lemon, rind of
- 3⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless or enamel pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil gently stirring often until thick-around 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.