Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cobbler with a custard like base. You should spread foil under the baking dish as the topping will rise and if the pan isn't large enough to accommodate thejuice, you'll have a mess!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups frozen peaches (sweetened and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter (can sub. marg.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter (can sub. marg.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, mix the cornstarch, brown sugar and peaches. Cook and stir until thick.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juce.
- Spread in buttered baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine granulated sugar, flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat eggs lightly with butter, milk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to mix.
- Spread over peach mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes.