Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A favorite pizza with my family, we love the summer peach harvest! A great summer lunch or dinner. Amounts can be approximate, depending on your pizza crust size and preference.
- pizza crust
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 firm peaches, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 4 ounces soft mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons herbs, de provence
- pepper (optional)
- Make your own pizza crust or use a ready made crust of your choice.
- Brush the crust with a small amount of the olive oil.
- Arrange the peach wedges and cut or tear thin sliced prosciutto into pieces then arrange over the crust.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the peaches and prosciutto.
- Sprinkle the Herb de Provence over the pizza.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 14 minutes.
We loved this pizza! We tried making our own crust using Super Fast Low Fat Pizza Crust 80617, though I probably won't use that crust again next time with this recipe. The blending of flavors in this pizza was fantastic! I really liked the savory flavor that the herbs de provence lent the dish. Like another reviewer, I was not sure how we would like the combination of fruit and meat, but the white peaches that I used blended perfectly with the prosciutto and the goat cheese (which I love). Thanks for a great pizza dish. We will definitely make this again. Made for ZWT5.
This pizza is delicious! We added fresh, chopped rosemary leaves and I highly recommend doing so. It went really well with the other ingredients. I also think this would work well with fresh apricots in place of the peaches. Next time, I think we will sprinkle a bit of sea salt all over the pizza. We LOVE this. Thanks so much for posting it!!!
WOW....even if you think this combination sounds odd, try it!