Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
My mom (88) gave me this recipe and has been begging me to make it. It is the new craze in her small town. She said this is the best recipe she has ever had and that it beats anything peach she has ever eaten, including peach cobbler.
- 1 cup pecans, toasted (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind (grated)
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs (large)
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat pecans 5-8 minutes to toast them.
- Mix sugar, oil and eggs together in mixer.
- Stir flour, soda, salt and lemon rind together.
- Gradually add to oil and sugar mixture. Beat at low speed.
- Add Vanilla, Peach Pie Filling and pecans.
- Pour into 2 8"x4" loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes. Shield with foil and cook 15 minutes longer. Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove and let cool.
- Joanne in Maricopa, Arizona.