Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs 25 mins
Vanilla Cookie Crust
- 11 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Peach Pecan Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup peach schnapps
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups peeled finely chopped peaches
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Make the crust: in a bowl, stir the crushed cookies and pecans together; stir in the melted butter until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Make the filling: In a big bowl combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, and cornstarch; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the peach schnapps, whipping cream, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the peaches and pecans; pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes; decrease oven temperature to 225° and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off, return the cake to the oven for an additional 1 hour.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.