Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another "oldie" recipe from my card file. I think it is a reasonably healthy bread, as the oil content is low, and it used whole wheat flour. This bread has a delicate flavor, and is good toasted. If you like, you may add a half-cup of chopped nuts.
- Drain peaches; cut into small pieces; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add oats and peaches.
- Stir lightly to coat peaches.
- Beat eggs well; combine with milk and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into greased (or sprayed) 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted near center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.
- Wrap in foil.