Recipe by iewe
A web find. Fruity muffin that would be good with nice, fresh peaches! Time to make does not include cooling time.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
These were really yummy and quick to throw together. I was very tempted to add spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever) but I'm glad I didn't; these really have nice flavor on their own. I used Smart Balance for the butter, and used only 1/3 c sugar as we don't like super sweet muffins. Even that much was about our limit, so if you don't like a lot of sweetness I'd back off the full amount of sugar. I also used plain yogurt for the sour cream, and half ww flour and half oat flour. Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup peach, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together; stir into creamed mixture until just moistened.
- Fold in the peaches and pecans if using.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-quarters full.
- Bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.