I love the flavor of toasted oats...and combined with juicy peaches and cinnamon in a warm crisp, it's the ultimate comfort food. I have also made this recipe using half peaches and half apples...just as delicious!
- Place peaches in a 9 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and then drizzle with honey.
- In medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients using a pastry blender or fork.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
This wasn't as great as I was expecting, sadly enough. It was good, but not great. For me, I'd rather just have the peach flavor and brown sugar. The cinnamon and nutmeg and honey were too overwhelming. If I make this again I'll add brown sugar to the peaches instead of honey and 1/2 the amounts of cinn and nutmeg.
Tip: Boil peaches for a few seconds before peeling, and the peels will come right off. Also, I added extra oats to the topping and it was nice and crispy.
it was ok. flavor of the entire thing was not sweet enough for me even tho i used 2/3 of a cup of brown sugar and my peaches were ripe. there was too much flour i think. most of my crust didn't even form until i put it under the broiler. sorry.