Easy and Quick Peach Crisp
Fresh peaches are best for this dish but canned peaches work too. Make sure you drain them. Recipe Source: Relish Mag
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 7 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or your hands until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine sliced peaches and 2 tablespoons flour in a bowl; toss gently. Spoon peach mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this for the DM's birthday dinner and used tinned peaches (due to a 2 legged gremlin had eaten the fresh ones) and ended up with four desserts after scaling back for three using my custard cups to make individual desserts. Much enjoyed by the DM (87 years old birthday girl) and the DS (sorry I was to full from main for dessert and I really don't have a sweet tooth) and I served it with a dollop of french vanilla yoghurt. Also I made the crumble in my mini food processor and if you do this make sure your butter is well chilled (cut it up and take it out of the fridge just before you process) for if you use soft butter you will end up with a paste dough (my first attempt as I had left the butter out after chopping up and doing the rest). Thank you Ceezie for the DM's birthday dessert, made for Everday A Holiday.