Recipe by CookinMama
Made with fresh ripe peaches, a dash of cinnamon with a few other simple ingredients for a yummy spread that taste just like peach cobbler pie filling!
- 5 cups ripe fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and finely chopped (about eight to 10 peaches)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces fruit pectin
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In an eight-quart kettle or pot, combine the peaches, a dash of cinnamon and the lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the pectin and one-fourth cup of the sugar and mix well. Stir into the peach mixture along with the butter. Over medium-high heat, bring the peach mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the remaining sugar, bring to a boil and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and skim off any foam that rises to the surface. Spoon the jam immediately into hot, sterilized pint-size canning jars, leaving a one-fourth inch space at the top of each jar. Wipe the jar rims with a clean, damp cloth, fit them with hot lids, and tightly screw on the metal rings. Process in a bath of hot water for five minutes (water should cover the jars by about one inch), cool on a wire rack, then store in a cool, dark place. Makes about 3 pints.