Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful accompaniment to ham, pork, and chicken.
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 -4 inches cinnamon sticks, broken
- Coursley chop peaches, mix with next 5 ingredients in saucepan.
- Tie cloves and cinnamon in cheesecloth bag.
- Add to peaches.
- Simmer, 30 minutes, stirring ocasionaly.
- Remove spice bag.
- Pour chutney into glass bowl.
- Cover and chill.
A nice, easy alternative to more time-consuming chutney recipes. I paired it with goat cheese and herb-stuffed chicken breasts, which called for a FRESH peach and fig chutney condiment. Time and ingredient availability would not allow for that. For extra "punch", I added 1T. of crystaalized ginger, and and 1T. of Thai hot chili sauce. Kinda sweet - you can cut down on the sugar and honey to 1/4 cup each. I followed the recipe verbatim, with just my additions, however. Good job, MizzNezz!