Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted in response to a request, this is my adaptation of a BH & G recipe! You can use the variety of melons as I do or all cantalope. Its VERY sweet & fabulous over ice cream or spread on toast!
- 3 cups peeled chopped peaches
- 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 4 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- Mix fruit in an 8- 10 quart kettle or Dutch oven.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a full rolling boil; add sugar& lemon juice, return mixture to a full rolling boil and boil constantly, uncovered, for 12 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients& boil hard, uncovered, until the syrup sheets off a metal spoon- 4 to 5 minutes; remove from heat& quickly skim off foam.
- Pour at once into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace& adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.