Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of a preserves, jams, and spreads book. This fruity spread has a sinful flavor with a touch of honey!
- 3 lbs peaches
- 4 ounces water
- 2 ounces honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons whiskey
- Plunge peaches in boiling water for a few seconds.
- place in cold water.
- peel away skins.
- remove pit.
- slice up peaches and add to saucepan.
- stir in the water and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- stir in honey, cloves, nutmeg.
- cook, stirring constantly, for 10 more minutes.
- remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- stir in whiskey.
- puree in food processor.
- pour in hot, sterilized jars and seal.
This was wonderful to make. I have made this a few times. Sorry I havent rated it yet. Yum you had me at whiskey ;)
Made this yesterday and took it to work today, its awesome. Everybody wants a pint now. Lavina