This is the recipe that I've been using for years and years. I love peach butter because the flavor is so light and yummy. I buy the seconds at the orchard because I don't care what they look like - they're going to be smushed anyways and they're cheaper. Save the pretty ones for canned peach halves.
- Ready In:
- Wash peaches, remove seeds and any bad spots- DO NOT PEEL!
- Chop peaches.
- Put peaches in pot with water.
- Cook peaches over medium, simmer until peaches are soft, about 15- 20 minutes depending up on the ripeness of your fruit.
- Run the peaches through a food mill till all that is left in the mill are the peach skins which you can discard now.
- You should have about 2 quarts of peach pulp.
- Mix pulp with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat until thick enough to round up on a spoon about 30 minutes to an hour (this may also be done in a slow- 250 degree oven but it takes longer).
- You will need to stir frequently, making sure that it doesn't stick.
- Place in hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Adjust lid and rings on jars.
- Process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove to counter and allow to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I bought two cases of peaches and didn't want that much peach crisp or pies so I decided to look for a recipe for peach butter. It is amazing. I did add a tsp of lemon juice to my pot of pureed peaches along with a cup and a half of sugar and a tablespoon of cinnamon. However I had enough peaches to make 7 pints. So it filled a 6 qt heavy pan. Highly recommend.Reply