Recipe by BecR
Moist champagne cake with peach schnapps and bits of diced peaches baked in, topped with a peachy champagne buttercream frosting! Taken from Sing For Your Supper.
Top Review by confetti12
I followed measurements and instructions exactly. I found this to taste more like a muffin and not a cupcake. Was a bit dry to me. Not sweet. The frosting was quite thin, I added 1/4c MORE 10x sugar and it was still thin and dripping out of the decorating bag. I filled my cups 2/3 full as instructed and I got 36 servings, not 24. I have fresh, non expired ingredients and mine did not rise very much at all. I will not make this recipe again.
Peach Bellini Cupcakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup champagne
- 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps
- 1 small peach, peeled and diced
Peachy Champagne Frosting
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup champagne
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon peach schnapps
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; then beat in egg whites one at a time.
- Stir together the champagne and schnapps in a spouted measuring cup.
- To the butter mixture, gradually add in flour mixture and the champagne/schnapps mixture, in three alternating additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Gently stir in the diced peaches.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- To make the frosting:.
- Beat together the butter and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar in one cup increments, then add champagne, milk, peach schnapps and food coloring.
- Frost cupcakes once they have completely cooled. I also sprinkled with a little orange and yellow sugar, for decoration.
- Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.