A rather different and very delightful salsa that goes well with baked or barbecued salmon. A friend of mine suggested that I try this recipe out, although I made some modifications to enhance the flavor.
- 2 large peaches (firm and ripe, peeled, stone removed and diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh wild blackberries or 1 1⁄2 cups regular fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 large sweet red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped small
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped very small
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 large limes)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- Prepare peaches and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Wash and pat dry blackberries and set aside.
- To the mixing bowl with peaches, add sweet red pepper, red onion, Jalapeno peppers, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, orange juice and honey, mix well.
- Add blackberries and fold in gently trying not to mash them.
- Set mixture aside in refrigerator so that flavors will combine.
- Serve with grilled fish or seafood of your choice.
This makes an absolutely gorgeous prsentation over salmon. Red, purple-blue, green, peach and salmon; so colorful! I didn't care for the sweetness of the orange juice and honey. Next time I will use just enough olive oil to bind the ingredients instead. This is a keeper!