Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, sliced (in heavy syrup)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) canpitted dark sweet cherries, in heavy syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Drain cherries and set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat cornstarch, lemon juice and reserved peach syrup to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and add drained peaches and cherries. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Spoon peach-cherry mixture into 6-dessert bowl.
- With paper towels, wipe saucepan clean. In same saucepan over medium heat, heat butter, then add uncooked oats and cook until lightly browned (about 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add honey to oat mixture and toss until oats are well coated.
- To serve, sprinkle warm oat-honey mixture over peach-cherry mixture in dessert bowls.