Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you love pound cakes, try this one--it's a wonderful mixture of peach and blueberry flavors. This makes a great spring and summer cake.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup peach brandy or 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps or 1⁄4 cup peach nectar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Generously grease and sugar a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed for about 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until the yellow just disappears.
- Stir in the brandy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the butter mixture beating at low speed just until blended.
- Gently fold in the peaches and the blueberries.
- Pour into pan bake for 325°F for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Do yourself and your family a HUGE favor and RUN! don't walk to your local farmers' market and pick up some peaches and blueberries then dash home and make this cake. I make this at least five times every season. It is really special.