Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A moist pound cake that uses those juicy summer peaches. I have served this at bridal brunches and teas.
Top Review by stormylee
This is a good, dense and moist pound cake! I don't know if my peaches were somehow bland or my almond extract particularly potent, but somehow the peaches got lost behind the almond taste. Which is not a bad thing at all - I like almond cake - it's just that I was looking forward to a peachier cake! I will definitely try this cake again and use a little less almond extract - the combination still sounds great!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed peach
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter.
- Gradually add in the sugar, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Add in eggs one at a time; beat well after each.
- In a second bowl, mix together the flour, soda, and salt.
- In a third bowl, stir together the sour cream and peaches.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the peach mixture.
- Mix until just blended after each addition.
- Add in flavorings, stir gently to combine.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn cakes out onto cooling rack to cool completely.