1/3 Photos of Pea Soup With Ham
1 hr 10 mins
Classic pea soup.
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb split peas, picked over and rinsed
- 8 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb ham steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- 2Add the onions.
- 3Season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper.
- 4Saute for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic, bay leaf, and split peas and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 6Add the broth and ham.
- 7Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium, and simmer stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or more, until the peas are tender.
- 8Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- 9Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- 10Add the milk and, using a hand-held blender or potato masher, process until smooth.
- 11Add the hot sauce if desired and serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea Soup With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 770.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 25.0 g