1/1 Photo of Pea, Leek & Broccoli Soup
A delicious and nutritious soup, ideal for a family supper to warm those cool evenings. From a beautiful cookbook given to me by my swap partner, Pneuma from Israel, "500 Greatest-Ever Vegetarian Recipes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the onion, leeks, potatoes, stock and bay leaf in a large heavy saucepan and mix together well. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the broccoli and peas, cover and return to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
- 3Set aside to cool slightly. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Process the soup in a blender or food processor in batches if necessary, until you have a smooth puree.
- 4Add the parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper and process again briefly. Return to the saucepan and reheat gently until piping hot. Ladle into heated soup bowls and garnish with parsley leaves. Serve immediately.
- 5Note: If you prefer, cut the vegetables finely and leave the cooked soup chunky rather than pureeing it.
- 6Note: Substitute frozen or drained, canned corn kernels for the frozen peas.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea, Leek & Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: