Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy refreshing salad or sidedish. Very colorful and tasty.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cubed longhorn cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 diced hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I prefer miracle whip)
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. Chill and serve.
- I usually double this when serving as a side dish for company. I have also used roasted red pepper or pimento for color in place of the tomato. Low fat mayo may be used when dieting.
I'm from Oklahoma too and my grandmother made this for holidays. It's very good!
I love this salad! I have made this many, many times, except I never added tomatoes. Summer tomatoes (the real kind, not the plastic grocery store variety) add another delightful dimension. Very, tasty, and very pretty. You can't go wrong with this salad! Thanks for sharing!
I usually add a little chopped onion and pickle relish to mine and leave out the tomatoes unless I am using it immediately, as they tend to make it too soggy.