Recipe by Mrs.Habu
Easy soup. The sour cream adds a creamy texture and a bit of a tang. This receipe came from Cooking Light
Top Review by Chef Kate
I made this during the blizzard--so I had to substitute fresh spinach for the romaine, and a touch of cream for the milk. I also added garlic. Instead of letting it stand in the blender, I kept it hot and pureed with an immersion blender (less to wash--and too cold for anything but hot soup) Because I was having hot, I tempered in the sour cream. The result--a lovely soup with a fresh clean taste. I will make this again. If summer ever comes, I can envision serving this as a cold soup.
- 2 cups fozen green peas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1st 4 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in milk; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Place pea mixture in a blender; stand for 7 minutes.
- Process till smooth.
- Add mint, salt and pepper; blend for a minute.
- Transfer to large saucepan and stir in sour cream.