Recipe by Jacquie in Brisbane
This is a french recipe my mum copied from a library cook book. I make it a bit differently to the original recipe and have included the changes that I have made in brackets. Please let me know if it is confusing. Everone (so far!) loves my adaptation, it has a great flavour and is just so smooth and creamy. We usually eat this with baked vegetables and buttered green beans mixed with chopped fresh tomato. I hope you like this as much as we all do! Cooking time is only approximate as I haven't taken note of this and is for my adapted version.
Top Review by karen in tbay
Needed to use alot of leftover mixed salad greens from a wedding and because we had tried this soup at a local restaurant, I did my zaar search and wasn't dissapointed. Used about 4-5 cups of frozen peas, 1 cup 10% cream and no mint. Delish without any seasoning.
- 30 g unsalted butter (I use reduced salt)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock (I use water or vegetable stock)
- 1 kg baby peas (I use frozen and add them after the lettuce has wilted)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup milk (I use rice milk)
- 90 ml cream (I use natural yoghurt)
- of fresh mint (I cook this with the lettuce)
- salt and pepper