Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
for the kids. I need the nutritional info so am posting here :-)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 teaspoons strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- > In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined, then whisk in the oil, Orange Puree and peanut butter. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until flour is just moistened (don't over-mix or the muffins will be dense).
- > Scoop about two tablespoons of batter into the large muffin cups until half full. Place a heaping teaspoon of jam in the center of each muffin. Cover the jam with another 2 tablespoons or so of batter, filling the cups just over the top. If you're using mini muffin cups, scale back quantities to fit into the smaller sized cups.
- > Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
Good - great way to sneak in more nutrition.
Wow! These are so good! When I first decided to make these muffins I was kind of wondering how sweet potatoes and peanut butter and jelly would taste. These are amazing! I decided to let DH try one and not tell him about the sweet potatoes, he ate 3! I used baby food sweet potates, which worked great! I also used all whole wheat pastry flour. The only change I might make is to use crunchy peanut butter next time just because I like that nuttier flavor! Thanks so much for posting celticcooker this is terrific! Made for 2009 Spring PAC