Recipe by Evie*
Top Review by Evie*
Missy Wombat it seems you are offended by the recipes name, I too have been making pavlovas since childhood and yes some of those recipes contain the ingredients you mentioned, this recipe (printed in an Australian cookbook) is my familys favourite pavlova recipe, hence why I included it on 'Zaar, in the book it was thus named Pavlova so I kept the name. Sorry to any future people if that name is incorrect. Whatever the name, its delicious! Eve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to slow 150C degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Draw a 20cm circle on the paper.
- Beat the egg whites in a large dry bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until the mixture is thick and glossy and the sugar has completely disolved.
- Spread meringue mixture onto tray inside the marked circle.
- Shape meringue by running a palette or flat-bladed knife up and down the edge of the meringue, making furrows around the side.
- This will strengthen the sides, stopping them from collapsing.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the meringue to cool completely in the oven.
- Whip the cream.
- Halve the strawberries and peel and slice the kiwifruit.
- Decorate pavlova with cream and fruit.