Recipe by carrie sheridan
from her autobiography - her husband's favorite dish - that he calls Swingin' Sirloins
Top Review by rosslare
Very tasty meat! But 2 whole oxtails to serve 2 persons? I used 4 X 2" slices of oxtail, weighing about 1 kg (2 lb plus) alltogether. Seemed about right for the recipe. Also, I prepared it in pressure cooker, 40 minutes under high pressure. Falling off the bone good!
- 2 oxtails, 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 8 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon house seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim as much fat off the tails as you can.
- Season with Paula's house seasoning [1 part of black pepper plus 1 part of garlic powder to 4 parts of salt].
- Sprinkle with soy sauce and cover with sliced onions and bay leaves
- Cover with 1 cup water.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for about 3 hours at 325 degrees.
- Serve on top of buttered rice.