Recipe by HappyMommy1422
I made this the day I saw Paula make this on Food Network. We really enjoyed it. This is a bit different than traditional cole slaw but I liked the change.
Top Review by rosslare
For cooked cabbage this was quite good really. I did add some flavor with 4 beef stock cubes and a splash of vinegar and sugar. And I used all 4 tbs chili powder and it was right on.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, such as ro-tel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In reserved bacon fat, cook onions and bell peppers until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage and cook until limp, but not soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and salt, to taste.
- Add tomatoes and simmer just until warmed through.
- Slaw should be slightly crisp.
- Adjust seasonings and add salt to taste.
- Serve quickly with crumbled bacon.