I haven't tried this one yet, but it is so easy and uses ingredients I almost always have around. It came from a chocolate episode of Paula Deen's show. She recommends serving it on yellow rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Season the chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 2Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Cook the chicken breasts about 10 minutes until browned.
- 4Remove chicken to a plate, cover and set aside.
- 5Add to the pan the remaining tbsp olive oil, and the onions and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Add all the remaining ingredients (tomatoes, cocoa, and other seasonings) and stir well to mix.
- 7Return the chicken to the pan and cover.
- 8Simmer about 30 minutes, flipping the chicken once halfway through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Chicken With Cocoa Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1380.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 28.8 g