Recipe by mayness
I haven't tried this one yet, but it is so easy and uses ingredients I almost always have around. It came from a chocolate episode of Paula Deen's show. She recommends serving it on yellow rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts about 10 minutes until browned.
- Remove chicken to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Add to the pan the remaining tbsp olive oil, and the onions and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (tomatoes, cocoa, and other seasonings) and stir well to mix.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cover.
- Simmer about 30 minutes, flipping the chicken once halfway through.