From The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook. I've made these several times and everyone goes nuts for them. Not for dieting purposes. ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and sugar using a fork.
- 3Cut in the shortening using a fork until the mixture looks like cornmeal.
- 4Add the cheese and then stir in the buttermilk all at once until the dough just comes together. Do not overmix.
- 5Use an ice cream scoop to drop the biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 540.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g