Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook. I've made these several times and everyone goes nuts for them. Not for dieting purposes. ;-)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and sugar using a fork.
- Cut in the shortening using a fork until the mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Add the cheese and then stir in the buttermilk all at once until the dough just comes together. Do not overmix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop the biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly browned.
I actually had these luscious biscuits at Paula Deen's Lady & Son's Restaurant in Savannah Georgia... They are WONDERFUL!