Recipe by StephanieNS
I found this recipe in Paula Deen's biography. I love blueberry muffins and can't wait to try these!
Top Review by dbrowning
I made these yesterday and they turned out horrible. I followed the recipe exactly and they were so dry and crumbly they would not come out of the muffin tins whole. I had to dig them out with a spoon and they all fell apart. Maybe the 2 Tablespoons of baking powder was too much. Anyway, would definately NOT recommend this recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin cups.
- In first bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and the 1/2 cup sugar.
- In second bowl, combine the butter, egg and milk.blend well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until combined (batter will be lumpy).
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Each one should be about two-thirds full.
- Bake 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Sprinkle the muffins with the granulated white or brown sugar.
- Return muffins to the oven and bake an additional 10 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes.