Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This DOES sound like the Real Deal --
Make and share this Paula Deen's Best Ham Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups leftover ham, chopped in a food processor
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄4 cup hot pickle relish, drained
- 1⁄2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- Mix all the ingredients until well blended.
- Spread on white bread.
- Paula says that the trick is to use the best ham you can find, preferably an authentic Smithfield ham.
It is the ham salad of my childhood! Delicious. Like other postings, I pulsed all the celery, onion and ham in food processor. I substituted Trader Joe's cornichons for the hot pickles, and pulsed them as well. They added a nice spice element to the salad. Served it with toasted rounds of French Bread....
Made as written except I left out the eggs as I had none. It was delicious. Used Famous Daves pickle relish and it has a tiny bite but not much. I am chowing down right now. I am sure it will be better as it sits.
This recipe is fabulous! I stirred together the mayo and Dijon mustard in a big bowl and the food processor made quick work of putting the rest of this recipe together. (I did substitute finely diced kosher dill pickles for the hot relish due to personal preference.) In hardly any time at all, I had an amazing salad ready. This is THE QUINTESSENTIAL CLASSIC HAM SALAD!