Recipe by FarahC
Top Review by sweetp
I made two batches of this recipe with my Dutch oven and wisk to stir. The 1st batch I made as is written. It turned out smooth rich tasting fudge. The 2nd batch I made as is written but adding 2 tablespoons brown sugar along with the white,1/4 cup creamy peanut butter,1/2 chopped walnuts and added a few extra marshmallows and whipped it with my wisk till it was smooth and creamy. Maybe took a full minute to mix after the cooking milk,sugar,butter part. This made some of the BEST peanut butter chocolate frosting for my cake. Thanks! Yum.
- 1 2⁄3 cups white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in chocolate chips; cook until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 8-inch pan. Cool cut into squares.