Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in chocolate chips; cook until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 8-inch pan. Cool cut into squares.
I made two batches of this recipe with my Dutch oven and wisk to stir. The 1st batch I made as is written. It turned out smooth rich tasting fudge. The 2nd batch I made as is written but adding 2 tablespoons brown sugar along with the white,1/4 cup creamy peanut butter,1/2 chopped walnuts and added a few extra marshmallows and whipped it with my wisk till it was smooth and creamy. Maybe took a full minute to mix after the cooking milk,sugar,butter part. This made some of the BEST peanut butter chocolate frosting for my cake. Thanks! Yum.
I agree with some of the other reviewers that it takes significantly longer to make than the 5 minutes mentioned in the title. But the finished product tastes just fine! I didn't notice a grainy texture at all. FUDGE HINT: Don't use stale marshmallows! It makes the mixture veeerry hard to stir, and the fudge comes out very chewy, not melty. Thanks for the recipe, FarahC!
I don't understand why some people were finding it so difficult to stir. I thought it was very easy, and very quick! It took me about 7 or 8 minutes to stir everything.....from the sugar mixture until the end when I dumped in the nuts. Then I poured it into an 8x8 glass dish, put in the fridge and that was it. Absolute total time, from start to finish...maybe 10 or 12 minutes. And the end result was fantastic. This one's a keeper!