Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I started with a recipe from Lennie #14325, but made SO many changes I thought I should post new. Trying to make healthy substitutions AND use what I had on hand. Delicious and refreshing and amazingly easy. (I actually got 13 muffins out of this the first time I made them.)
- 3 small clementines
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml coconut water
- 59.14 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml coconut oil
- 236.59 ml white flour
- 177.44 ml wheat flour
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut clemtines into quarters (peel and all) and place in a food processor along with lemon juice and coconut water. Process until pureed (you may leave a few chunks if you like).
- Add egg and butter and oil. Process briefly to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients, including nuts in a large bowl. Add liquids all at once. Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups full (these do not rise very much).
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes (until golden brown).
- Let cool for 5 minutes in tins before removing.