Kim D.'s Note:
Serve this patriotic salad on your next Memorial Day or 4th of July celebration! It's a cool refreshing treat in the hot summer months and is an attractive salad to add to your buffet table! The total prep time is 7 hours, which includes chilling time. You must chill each layer for at least 30 minutes before adding the next colored layer. I usually make this on a day that I'm going to be home all day and I do the layers in between doing my cleaning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In four separate bowls, dissolve each package of gelatin into 1 cup boiling water.
- 2Add ½ cup cold water to each and stir.
- 3Pour one bowl of blue gelatin into an oiled 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- 4Chill until almost set (about 30 minutes).
- 5Set other 3 bowls of gelatin aside at room temperature.
- 6Combine unflavored gelatin in remaining ½ cup cold water; let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat (just below boiling).
- 8Stir in softened unflavored gelatin and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- 9Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- 10When blue gelatin in pan is almost set, carefully spoon in 1 ½ cups of the sour cream mixture over blue layer.
- 11Chill until almost set (about 30 minutes).
- 12Carefully spoon 1 bowl of red gelatin over cream layer.
- 13Chill until almost set (about 30 minutes).
- 14Repeat process, adding layers of blue gelatin, cream mixture, and strawberry gelatin, chilling for at least 30 minutes between each.
- 15Chill several hours or over night before serving.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patriotic Gelatin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 132.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g