Recipe by Lainey39
This dish is delicious in the summer when fresh tomatoes are plentiful. Tip: Toss tomato mixture with basil-flavored olive oil.
- 1 lb campanelle pasta or 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 ounces ricotta salata or 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pitted nicoise olives or 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄4 cup basil olive oil
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large serving bowl, toss tomatoes, ricotta salata or feta cheese, olives, basil leaves and olive oil.
- Drain cooked pasta, shaking well.
- Add to tomato mixture, tossing to combine.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.