Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy sauce coated sweet vegetables with a golden cheesy top - comfort food supreme! Serve with hunks of bread as a vegetarian meal or as a side dish (Serves 4- 6)
- 700 g sweet potatoes
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- 75 g peas (petits pois, frozen)
- 350 g cheese sauce
- 150 ml milk
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese, grated (or more if liked)
- salt and pepper
- pasta, to serve
- Dice the sweet potatoes and cauliflower and cook in separate pans until just tender. Drain.
- If preparing for the freezer add 1/2 cup milk to the cheese sauce (when re-heating this will boil away giving the sauce a good coating consistency). If eating immediately, omit. Season.
- Add the frozen petits pois and sprinkle with the grated cheese then pop under the grill until the cheese bubbles and turns golden.
- If preparing for the freezer omit this last stage. (Re-heat straight from the freezer with the peas. Top with the cheese and grill).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and combine when ready to serve.