Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yummy lemony pasta! A real favorite with my family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 12 ounces large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper; cook 1 minute. Add clam juice and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- 2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 3. Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Steam until just tender.
- 3. Add shrimp, asparagus and zest to skillet. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Toss with pasta, lemon juice, and parsley.
Made this pretty much as given (3 of us at the table) & portioned the servings accordingly! The only change I made was to cut the amount of salt back by half, & although I did put a salt shaker on the table, just in case, none of us touched it! Definitely a tasty & satisfying meal! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]