Recipe by MizzNezz
This is a recipe from La Costa Spa. It's low calorie but high flavor.
Top Review by Tebo
So simple to make and so good to eat!! I added some imitation crab (much the same texture of the scallops) and used canned tomatoes. I made the sauce in the morning and reheated it when needed. Thanks for the post.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 16 sea scallops
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- cooked pasta (of your choice, I like angel hair)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add scallops, saute for 2 minutes each side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- To skillet, add chopped tomato, tomato sauce,and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Add scallops and heat thru.
- Serve over pasta.