Oregano Dijon Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The dijon mustard really adds the flavor to this dish! My husband and I love this, so I make it quite often. It's low calorie -- woohoo!
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Coat chicken with dijon mustard.
- Mix all other ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- dredge dijon-covered chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken to baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 350 deg oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Bread crumbs should be golden brown and toasty.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
To quote the DM very taste very moist. I upped this to 6 (just over 1k of meat, though only served 3 - will freeze the other 3 to see how they reheat for the DH for his shift work). This may help others in that I coated one side of the chicken with the dijon and dipped that into the breadcrumb mix pressing down and then coated the exposed side with dijon and scooped the crumb mix up and coated pressing down and then transferred to baking dish. The timing was perfect but was concerned that in the last 5 minutes the crumbs were not browning and looked insipid - sprayed with olive oil and cranked the oven up 25 degree celsius and cooked for 5 minutes, nice brown and crispy on top. We don't use added salt so subbed garlic powder and was out of dried oregano so had to mixed italian herbs. Thank you GraceSC for nice easy chicken recipe perfect for busy days.Reply