1/1 Photo of Pasta With Sausage, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From the Eccoqui Restaurant, Bernardsville, NJ, this is a great pasta dish. Young and old enjoy this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups crushed tomatoes in puree, canned
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (about 4 medium-large tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 1/4 lbs pappardelle pasta or 1 1/4 lbs mafaldine pasta
- 1 1/2 cups pecorino romano cheese, grated (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1Saute sausage in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until brown, about 12 minutes.
- 2Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to large bowl.
- 3Add oil to drippings in pot.
- 4Add mushrooms and onions; saute until tender and brown, about 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in 1 cup chopped basil, oregano, and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- 6Add wine; cook until almost absorbed, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add sausage and crushed tomatoes; cover and simmer over medium heat until thickened, about 25 minutes.
- 8Add diced tomatoes and butter; simmer until tomatoes are soft, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.).
- 11Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- 12Drain well; return to pot.
- 13Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat.
- 14Add 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup basil; toss to combine.
- 15Season with salt and pepper.
- 16Transfer pasta to serving dish.
- 17Serve, passing remaining cheese separately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Sausage, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 849.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crushed tomatoes in puree
pecorino romano cheese